Paris, Dec. 1 st 2017 – LBO France today announced the acquisition of Bexley (“the Company”), a French specialty retailer of men’s high quality footwear at affordable price. The founding manager, Mr. Eric Botton, will keep a minority interest in the Company.
Founded in 1985, Bexley rapidly established itself as one of the most successful French retailers of men’s footwear positioned in the affordable luxury segment and offering excellent quality-price ratio. Since then, the Company gradually diversified its product offering with men’s clothing (shirts, polos, pullovers, pants and suits) and accessories (belts, socks and small leather goods).
In addition to its own store network, Bexley, which was a precursor in developing an omni-channel strategy, succeeded in setting up and launching an effective e-commerce platform as early as 1996, which today accounts for 1/3 of total sales with more than 400,000 customers.
The Company employs 75 employees split between its head-office in Lyon and its 14 stores located in Paris, Lyon, Annecy, Aix, Marseille and Brussels.
To accelerate growth and expansion in the coming years, Bexley has identified 3 main priorities:
– Further develop its e-commerce platform focusing on the acquisition of new clients, its CRM tool, and an enhanced customer experience thanks to shopping via smartphones or tablets;
– Continue geographical expansion in France with the opening of new stores in other French large cities or selected mid-sized cities;
– Proactively identify prime location opportunities for new store openings in large European cities such as London or Berlin.
Jérôme Guez, Partner LBO France, commented: “We are very enthusiastic about this 5 th investment of our Mid Cap fund White Knight IX in Bexley. We look forward to work alongside the founding manager, Eric Botton, and his team in order to accompany Bexley in this new development chapter, by extending its store network, enhancing its e-commerce platform while maintaining very high profitability.”
Eric Botton, Bexley’s founding manager, added: “I am very pleased to pursue Bexley’s growth story with LBO France, a financial sponsor in which, with the support of their Operating team, we have found a real understanding of our challenges and the clear willingness to invest alongside us in giving a whole new dimension to Bexley.”
– LBO France Team : Jérôme Guez, Guy Latourette, Laurent Mabileau, Karine Callec
– Finance : 8 Advisory (Florence Khayat)
– Legal : Mayer Brown (Xavier Jaspar ; Emily Pennec) Jones Day (Diane Sénéchal)
– Strategy : Advention (Alban Neveu)
– Tax : Arsene Taxand (Denis Andres)
– – –
About LBO France
As a key player in private equity with €3.6bn of capital under management, LBO France is an independent company that has been supporting French companies in their growth for more than 30 years. Its strategy is based on 4 investment approaches in nonlisted assets, managed by dedicated teams: (i) Mid Cap Buyout through the White Knight funds and Small Cap Buyout through the Hexagone/Small Caps Opportunities funds, (ii) Venture Capital through the SISA fund, (iii) Real Estate through the White Stone and Lapillus funds, (iv) Debt. LBO France is 100%-owned by its management and employs nearly 60 professionals.
For LBO France – Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Robert Amady – +33 1 53 32 78 91 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Daiana Hirte – +33 1 53 32 78 90 – email@example.com